Polyfix is basically a modified polymer based coating that is specially formulated to protect steel from corrosion. Mild steel starts corroding when it is directly exposed to the atmosphere or when it comes in contact with water. Corrosion reduces the strength of steel making it unable to bear the designed loads & other characteristics. Therefore it is very important to prevent steel from corrosion.
Steel can be prevented from corrosion if conditions around steel are maintained in the alkaline range. Polyfix is alkaline in nature and cement itself is alkaline in nature. Thus when this mixed slurry is applied on steel, it forms a permanent protective coating preventing any further corrosion.Download PDF
- First clean the steel surface of any loosely held particles scales by a wire brush/ sand papers. Swipe down the surface with a paint brush /cloth again. If required, you may apply our Rust Remover product on the surface. The rust shall loosen within 24 hours. Use a wire brush to scrap the Rust particles.
- Prepare slurry by mixing 1 Kg Polyfix and 1 Kg fresh cement into a lump free consistency. Add little water for painting consistency. Then apply this slurry on the surface by a paint brush. Prepare adequate amount of material which can be used in 30 minutes.
1. To Protect Mild Steel Rebars from Corrosion
2. To protect reinforcing bars in old RCC Structures while Repairs of damaged Concrete.
3. To protect steel from corrosion due to harmful gases in the atmosphere
4. Against the action of Calcium Chlorides and de icing salts
5. Steel-pipeline, structures, bridges, arches, etc. especially in marine environment. H. T. wires / cables / strands etc. in prestressing job.
1. Easy to use. Can be applied by brush or dipping
2. Excellent adhesion to steel
3. Good bonding coat for subsequent cement and epoxy-based repair mortar
4. Treatment can be carried out at site. Coated bars do not suffer bond loss when embedded in concrete unlike epoxy coated bars which are known to suffer substantial bond loss.
5. Good barrier effect against water, chlorides and CO2
6. Contains corrosion inhibitors
The product conforms to I.S. 2074/1962 for salt spray test for long hours up to 30 days. It also confirms to 7 days weathering test.
Packing : 5, 25, 50 kgs
The information given is true to the best of our knowledge. They are offered in good faith but without guarantee as conditions and methods of use of all our products are beyond our control. Users are requested to determine the suitability of our material before adopting them on a commercial scale