Polybond SBR is a specially formulated styrene butadiene latex composition generally used in concrete repairs and waterproofing applications. It has good mechanical stability properties and a long-term non-foaming behavior. It also passes the freeze thaw cycle stability test. It gives very high resistance to the penetration of water into the cement admixture, which gives better waterproofing. It highly reduces the water cement ratio thereby increasing the compressive strength of the mortar.
Appearance Milky White
Shelf Life Twelve months in original packing
MORTAR WITH POLYBOND SBR
Polybond SBR 1 Kg
Cement 5 Kg
Quartz Sand 15 Kg
Water 1-1.25 Ltr app.
1. First wet down the surface thoroughly. For preparing bond coat, mix 1kg Polybond SBR with 1kg cement to form a lump free consistency. This slurry can then be applied by brush on the surface.
2. Prepare the PMM by mixing Polybond SBR:Cement:Quartz sand in 1:515 ratio.ie. 20% of cement. Mix water to achieve dough consistency
3. As the surface becomes tacky, the polymer mortar should be applied on the spalled concrete section
4. After 24 hours, water curing should be done for 2-3 days.
Please note that river sand can also be used but should be silt free. Where thickness of the section is more, PMM treatment should be done in two coats. Metal No 1 &2 embedding can also be done in areas of high thickness.
1. Clean the surface with water jet to removes all loose particles, dirt, oil contaminations etc.
2. Attend the crack filling and hollow patch areas initially.
3. Apply two coats of Polybond SBR & Cement in 1:1.5 ratio at an interval of 4 hours. Add little water for a homogeneous mix and brushable consistency.
4. Apply a finishing screed mortar to protect the coating
• In polymer repair mortars/concretes
• All waterproofing mortars/ concretes
• Waterproof Coatings
Packing : 1, 5, 20, 50 kgs
The information given is true to the best of our knowledge. They are offered in good faith but without guarantee as conditions and methods of use of all our products are beyond our control. Users are requested to determine the suitability of our material before adopting them on a commercial scale.