Silicoat SS-118 is an aqueous, solvent less, Silane Siloxane based water repellent. It is a high quality specialty product for impregnating both normal and reinforced concrete. This water-based silane penetrates most masonry and concrete pores and capillaries up to ¼ inch or more depending on surface porosity and moisture content at the time of application.Download PDF
• Solvent less, aqueous and environmentally friendly
• Deep penetration of substrate due to small molecular structure gives added repellency
• Penetrating water repellent action at low dosage – fast water beading
• Reduction in water absorption reduces spelling due to freeze-thaw and efflorescence, thereby increasing the life of the substrate
• Retains original look of the substrate
Appearance Milky White Emulsion
• Dilute up to 1:10 to 1:12 by water for coatings
• Optimization of dilution may be required to obtain maximum performance on selected substrates. A test application is necessary on each surface to be treated to ensure compatibility, appearance and the desired water repellent result. Avoid application on non-porous substrate.
• Surface must be dry, free of standing water, clean of oils, dust, loose and foreign material.
• It will not inhibit water penetration through unsound or bigger cracked surfaces.
• Methods of application include airless sprayer, roller and brush. When a brush/roller is used, repeat application until the surface remains moist for a few minutes. For airless sprayers, apply until substrate is thoroughly saturated. Minimum 2 coats are recommended for proper result.
• Protect from inhalation of product. High winds may interfere with application. Do not apply if rain is expected within 6 hours.
Waterproofing of vertical external walls/cement plaster/ RCC
6 months from date of manufacture in the original container at ambient room temperature. Do not store above 38 degree Celsius.
PACKING : 5,10,25 kg packing
Service Life: The coating has an expected Life of ten years on a porous substrate subject to various realistic conditions.
STORAGE & HANDLING
It is recommended that normal safety precautions (hand gloves & safety goggles) be taken while handling the product. The material should be stored in original containers in a cool place and keep protected from direct exposure to sunlight, heavy metals, bases and other oxidizing agents. Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes.
The information given is true to the best of our knowledge. They are offered in good faith but without guarantee as conditions and methods of use of all our products are beyond our control. Users are requested to determine the suitability of our material before adopting them on a commercial scale.