FIBREPLAST are new generation chopped Polypropylene fiber strands of cut in uniform length designed for mixing in all kinds of cement mortars/concrete etc. It is a kind of secondary reinforcement material which enhances the properties of cement mortar/concrete even at very low addition levels.
Cracks play an important role as they change concrete structures into permeable elements and consequently with a high risk of corrosion. Cracks not only reduce the quality of concrete and make it aesthetically unacceptable but also make structures out of service. If these cracks do not exceed a certain width, they are neither harmful to a structure nor to its serviceability. Therefore, it is important to reduce the crack width and this can be achieved by adding polypropylene fibers to concrete.
Thus addition of FIBREPLAST fibers in cement concrete matrix bridges these cracks and restrains them from further opening. In order to achieve more deflection in the beam, additional forces and energies are required to pull out or fracture the fibers. This process, apart from preserving the integrity of concrete, improves the load-carrying capacity of structural member beyond cracking. Reinforcing steel bars in concrete have the same beneficial effect because they act as long continuous fibres. Short discontinuous fibres have the advantage, however, of being uniformly mixed and dispersed throughout the concrete. The major reasons for crack formation are Plastic shrinkage, Plastic settlement, Freeze thaw damage, Fire damage etc. However, this problem can be solved with FIBREPLAST Polypropylene Fibre valuable additives for the concrete world.
Physical Appearance: White Fibres
Specific Gravity: 0.91 C
Melting Point: 165
Diameter: 30-35 Micron
Length: 6 mm, 12mm,
Absorbency: < 0.1%.
Resistance to Acids: Excellent
Resistance to Alkali’s: Excellent
Resistance to Oxidizing Agents: Good
Resistance to Reducing Agents: Good
Resistance to Organic Solvent: Good.
Biological Resistance: High / Non bio-degradable
Compatibility with Cements: Excellent
1) Reduces shrinkage cracks/micro-cracks during plastic & hardening stage
2) Control & prevention of cracking in fresh concrete
3) Reduces water permeability
4) Excellent Workability
5) Overall enhancement of durability & mechanical properties of cement mortar/concrete
6) Improves abrasion resistance
7) Safe & easy to handle
8) Non- corrosive
1) In all kinds of internal & external cement plasters/shotcrete/guniting etc
2) In all forms of concrete i.e. slabs, beams, columns, lintels, industrial floors, roads, bridges, pavements, airport runways etc.
3) In all types of concretes i.e. Site Mix, RMC, Precast etc
4) In commercial construction i.e. footing/piles/pilecap/retaining walls/car parking slabs, roof slabs/water retaining structures/structural concrete
5) Waterproofing/water retaining structures
6mm size – 125 g in plaster mortar
12mm size – 125g in one bag of cement
125 g Pouch, 10kgs
The information given is true to the best of our knowledge. They are offered in good faith but without guarantee as conditions and methods of use of all our products are beyond our control. Users are requested to determine the suitability of our material before adopting them on a commercial scale.